By Jacob N. Israelachvili
- Starts from the fundamentals and builds as much as extra complicated systems
- Covers all elements of intermolecular and interparticle forces either on the primary and utilized levels
- Multidisciplinary technique: bringing jointly and unifying phenomena from assorted fields
- This re-creation has an elevated half III and new chapters on non-equilibrium (dynamic) interactions, and tribology (friction forces)
Read Online or Download Intermolecular and Surface Forces PDF
Similar molecular physics books
The PUILS sequence offers updated studies of development in Ultrafast excessive Laser technology, a newly rising interdisciplinary examine box spanning atomic and molecular physics, molecular technological know-how, and optical technology, which has been motivated through the new advancements in ultrafast laser applied sciences.
Quantum Plasmadynamics is a synthesis of the kinetic conception of plasmas and quantum electrodynamics (QED). during this quantity, the method utilized to unmagnetized plasmas in quantity 1 is generalized to magnetized plasmas. First, a covariant model of nonquantum kinetic conception is formulated for single-particle (emission and scattering) techniques and the collective-medium reaction.
This thesis identifies the turning aspect in chain size, and then alkanes self-solvate right into a folded constitution rather than a longer stretched conformation. After this turning element, London dispersion forces rearrange remoted n-alkanes right into a specific hairpin-structure, while for shorter chain lengths, an easy stretched conformation is energetically most well liked.
This corrected and up-to-date moment version of "Scattering idea" provides a concise and sleek insurance of the topic. within the current therapy, specified cognizance is given to the function performed by means of the long-range behaviour of the projectile-target interplay, and a thought is constructed, that's compatible to explain near-threshold sure and continuum states in practical binary structures akin to diatomic molecules or molecular ions.
- Progress in Ultrafast Intense Laser Science II: 85 (Springer Series in Chemical Physics)
- A Structural and Vibrational Investigation into Chromylazide, Acetate, Perchlorate, and Thiocyanate Compounds (SpringerBriefs in Molecular Science)
- Optical Magnetometry
- Vibronic Interactions: Jahn-Teller Effect in Crystals and Molecules (Nato Science Series II:)
- Optical Precursors: From Classical Waves to Single Photons (SpringerBriefs in Physics)
Extra resources for Intermolecular and Surface Forces
Intermolecular and Surface Forces by Jacob N. Israelachvili